The Pueblo Urban Renewal Authority, in conjunction with the City Center Partnership, the City of Pueblo, the Historic Arkansas Riverwalk of Pueblo (HARP), the Greater Pueblo Chamber of Commerce, the Pueblo Convention Center and the Pueblo Economic Development Corporation, is working to create a Regional Tourism Plan to attract new out-of-state visitors to Downtown Pueblo.
The plan includes:
- Expansion of the Pueblo Convention Center from 54,000 sq. ft. to 95,000 sq. ft.
- Construction of a new Riverwalk Boathouse
- Construction of a Regional Aquatic Facility that will house a competitive swimming pool and indoor water park
- Three new mixed-use development projects that include new, moderate income housing and a hotel development
- Construction of an outdoor amphitheater on Pueblo’s scenic Riverwalk
- Renovation of Memorial Hall to attract new entertainment
- A three-story parking structure with a walkway to the hotel that adjoins the expanded Convention Center.
The next planned phase of the Riverwalk development is dubbed the Riverwalk District because it will serve as a major entertainment anchor of the Riverwalk.
The City of Pueblo was awarded up to $43 million to start working on the Riverwalk District. The planning process has begun and a timeline will be determined in the near future. Please check back after this date for further information on the Riverwalk District development.